Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
As the Billing Operations Analyst, you will part of the Billing Operations Team.
In this role, you will become expert for all things related to customer billings. This is a deadline driven role in our accounting team. The ideal candidate will have some experience with billing large volumes of transactions with a high level of accuracy. You are a problem solver who thrives off a fast-paced environment where new customers, business verticals and operational processes are being introduced every day.
- Configuring contracts for billing and setting up invoice schedules
- Customer-facing activities: dealing with customer interactions related to billing, including preparing any billing setups or customer compliance forms, responding to customer billing questions or escalations and following up with accounts with past due balances.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work collaboratively across departments (Engineering, Product, Legal, Customer Operations, sales operations, etc.) to continuously improve billing, collections, and reporting processes for efficiency, scalability and customer experience
- Month-end activities: Prepare month-end billing reports and analysis for management.
- Internal controls: Support accounting team’s commitment to a timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s internal controls.
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred in Business, Accounting, or Finance).
- Experience: 1 to 2 years of progressive billing operations experience.
- System skills: Some knowledge of Zuora. NetSuite ERP system experience with emphasis on AR Module, preferred. Working knowledge of Salesforce. Advanced computer skills and Intermediate Microsoft Excel.
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required.
- Teamwork: Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively.
- Software or SaaS experience preferred
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.