We are open to bring on a candidate at the Sr. Financial Analyst or Manager, Finance (FP&A) level for this role. This individual will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally within a fast-moving technology company and its senior management to build annual budgets, manage forecasts, and provide decision support through financial analyses to ensure optimal returns on strategic investments. This is a key position providing guidance on financial and operational matters across the entire organization.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Support the annual budget, quarterly forecast and long-term strategic planning processes
- Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze functional costs in order to fully understand sources of variance and, ultimately, improve forecast accuracy
- Conduct in-quarter puts & takes review sessions – ensure that the organization can flex and react to short-term budget surpluses/deficits, including developing and maintaining KPIs for all aspects of the organization
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyze financial results, distil/synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risk, and communicate key messages to senior management
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams to synthesize and integrate updates relating to variances in actual procurement activity relative to budget forecasts
- Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues
- Become embedded with business partners across the company, establishing trust, building relationships and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience preferred, SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Adaptive insights model building experience
- Strong financial and operational planning skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization with an emphasis on partnering with the various business leaders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with experience developing and delivering presentations
- Expertise in building Excel-based financial models, with an emphasis on aggregating and analyzing data to provide actionable insights
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently
- Four year university degree in finance, economics or accounting required, MBA a plus
- Experience with financial systems- NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce, Adaptive insights, etc. is a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.